Kentucky Key Facts:
- Kentucky’s dam safety program has 5.2 Full-Time Employees that each oversee an average of 185 state regulated dams.
- Kentucky has 179 high hazard dams.
- 32% of the state regulated dams in Kentucky have an Emergency Action Plan.
- Kentucky’s state dam safety program has an annual budget of $548,000.
- Kentucky has reported $6.2 billion in drinking water infrastructure needs over the next 20 years.
- Kentucky has 14 sites on the National Priorities List.
- Kentucky has approximately 125 miles of levees according to the current FEMA Midterm Levee Inventory.
- Kentucky has reported $2.1 billion in wastewater infrastructure needs over the next 20 years.
- There are 60 public-use airports in Kentucky.
- 1,234 of the 14,116 bridges in Kentucky (8.7%) are considered structurally deficient.
- 3,202 of the 14,116 bridges in Kentucky (22.7%) are considered functionally obsolete.
- Kentucky received $60.1 million from the Federal Highway Bridge Fund in FY2011.
- Kentucky has 1,590 miles of inland waterways, ranking it 4th in the nation.
- Kentucky’s ports handled 94.7 million short tons of cargo in 2009, ranking it 7th in the nation.
- Kentucky has 13 freight railroads covering 2,526 miles across the state, ranking it 28th by mileage.
- Kentucky has 79,321 miles of public roads.
- Kentucky has 6,960 miles of major roads, 7% of which are in poor condition.
- Driving on roads in need of repair costs Kentucky motorists $940 million a year in extra vehicle repairs and operating costs – $315.11 per motorist.
- Kentucky has 25.4 million annual unlinked passenger trips via transit systems – motor bus, heavy rail, light rail, and commuter rail.
Parks and Recreation
- Kentucky has reported an unmet need of $27.9 million for its parks system.
- Public school districts in Kentucky spent a total of $2.4 billion on capital outlays for school construction and acquisition of land and existing structures in fiscal years 2005–2008.
- It is estimated that Kentucky schools have $1 billion in infrastructure funding needs.
- Kentucky produces 3.020 gigawatt-hours of renewable energy every year, ranking it 28th.
Fatal error: Call to undefined method WP_Error::get_item_quantity() in /var/www/clients/client2/web52/web/wp-content/themes/asce/single-states.php on line 70