Louisiana Key Facts:
How is Louisiana’s Infrastructure Doing?
- Louisiana’s dam safety program has 4.5 Full-Time Employees that each oversee an average of 107 state regulated dams.
- Louisiana has 45 high hazard dams.
- 100% of the state regulated dams in Louisiana have an Emergency Action Plan.
- Louisiana’s state dam safety program has an annual budget of $723,887.
- Louisiana has reported $5.3 billion in drinking water infrastructure needs over the next 20 years.
- Louisiana has 9 sites on the National Priorities List.
- Louisiana has approximately 3,122 miles of levees according to the current FEMA Midterm Levee Inventory.
- Louisiana has reported $4 billion in wastewater infrastructure needs over the next 20 years.
- There are 75 public-use airports in Louisiana.
- 1,827 of the 13,050 bridges in Louisiana (14%) are considered structurally deficient.
- 1,963 of the 13,050 bridges in Louisiana (15%) are considered functionally obsolete.
- Louisiana received $171.7 million from the Federal Highway Bridge Fund in FY2011.
- Louisiana has 2,820 miles of inland waterways, ranking it 2nd in the nation.
- Louisiana’s ports handled 510.8 million short tons of cargo in 2012, ranking it 1st in the nation.
- Louisiana has 17 freight railroads covering 2,858 miles across the state, ranking it 24th by mileage.
- Louisiana has 61,326 miles of public roads.
- Louisiana has 6,559 miles of major roads, 19% of which are in poor condition.
- Driving on roads in need of repair costs Louisiana motorists $1.4 billion a year in extra vehicle repairs and operating costs – $463.91 per motorist.
- Louisiana has 35.5 million annual unlinked passenger trips via transit systems – motor bus, heavy rail, light rail, and commuter rail.
Parks and Recreation
- Louisiana has reported an unmet need of $207 million for its parks system.
- Public school districts in Louisiana spent a total of $1.7 billion on capital outlays for school construction and acquisition of land and existing structures in fiscal years 2005–2008.
- It is estimated that Louisiana schools have $7.3 billion in infrastructure funding needs.
- Louisiana produces 3.577 gigawatt-hours of renewable energy every year, ranking it 30th.
Fatal error: Call to undefined method WP_Error::get_item_quantity() in /var/www/clients/client2/web52/web/wp-content/themes/asce/single-states.php on line 70