Maine Key Facts:
- Maine’s dam safety program has 2.5 Full-Time Employees that each oversee an average of 242 state regulated dams.
- Maine has 27 high hazard dams.
- 100% of the state regulated dams in Maine have an Emergency Action Plan.
- Maine’s state dam safety program has an annual budget of $80,025.
- Maine has reported $1.2 billion in drinking water infrastructure needs over the next 20 years.
- Maine has 13 sites on the National Priorities List.
- Maine has approximately 3 miles of levees according to the current FEMA Midterm Levee Inventory.
- Maine has reported $1 billion in wastewater infrastructure needs over the next 20 years.
- There are 68 public-use airports in Maine.
- 356 of the 2,408 bridges in Maine (14.8%) are considered structurally deficient.
- 436 of the 2,408 bridges in Maine (18.1%) are considered functionally obsolete.
- Maine received $29 million from the Federal Highway Bridge Fund in FY2011.
- Maine has 70 miles of inland waterways, ranking it 37th in the nation.
- Maine’s ports handled 15.1 million short tons of cargo in 2012, ranking it 32nd in the nation.
- Maine has 7 freight railroads covering 896 miles across the state, ranking it 42nd by mileage.
- Maine has 22,871 miles of public roads.
- Maine has 2,568 miles major roads, 7% of which are in poor condition.
- Driving on roads in need of repair costs Maine motorists $454.5 million a year in extra vehicle repairs and operating costs – $450.86 per motorist.
- Maine has 4,432 annual unlinked passenger trips via transit systems – motor bus, heavy rail, light rail, and commuter rail.
Parks and Recreation
- Maine has reported an unmet need of $38 million for its parks system.
- Public school districts in Maine spent a total of $306 million on capital outlays for school construction and acquisition of land and existing structures in fiscal years 2005–2008.
- It is estimated that Maine schools have $659 million in infrastructure funding needs.
- Maine produces 7.963 gigawatt-hours of renewable energy every year, ranking it 11th.
Fatal error: Call to undefined method WP_Error::get_item_quantity() in /var/www/clients/client2/web52/web/wp-content/themes/asce/single-states.php on line 70