Oregon Key Facts:
Water and Environment
- Oregon’s dam safety program has 2.93 Full-Time Employees that each oversee an average of 453.9 state regulated dams.
- Oregon has 135 high hazard dams.
- 65% of the state regulated dams in Oregon have an Emergency Action Plan.
- Oregon’s state dam safety program has an annual budget of $244,000.
- Oregon has reported $2.8 billion in drinking water infrastructure needs over the next 20 years.
- Oregon has 14 sites on the National Priorities List.
- Oregon has approximately 311 miles of levees according to the current FEMA Midterm Levee Inventory.
- Oregon has reported $3.8 billion in wastewater infrastructure needs over the next 20 years.
- There are 97 public-use airports in Oregon.
- 433 of the 7,633 bridges in Oregon (5.7%) are considered structurally deficient.
- 1,341 of the 7,633 bridges in Oregon (17.6%) are considered functionally obsolete.
- Oregon received $77.2 million from the Federal Highway Bridge Fund in FY2011.
- Oregon has 680 miles of inland waterways, ranking it 15th in the nation.
- Oregon’s ports handled 26.9 million short tons of cargo in 2009, ranking it 24th in the nation.
- Oregon has 17 freight railroads covering 2,395 miles across the state, ranking it 30th by mileage.
- Driving on roads in need of repair costs Oregon motorists $495 million a year in extra vehicle repairs and operating costs – $173 per motorist.
- 65% of Oregon’s roads are in poor or mediocre condition.
- Oregon has 59,127 public road miles.
- Oregon’s highway vehicle-miles traveled in 2009 was approximately 8,799 per capita, ranking it 38th in the nation.
- Oregon’s gas tax of 31 cents per gallon has not been increased in 1 year.
- Oregon has 123,244 annual unlinked passenger trips via transit systems – motor bus, heavy rail, light rail, and commuter rail.
Parks and Recreation
- Oregon has reported an unmet need of $21 million for its parks system.
- Public school districts in Oregon spent a total of $1.4 billion on capital outlays for school construction and acquisition of land and existing structures in fiscal years 2005–2008.
- It is estimated that Oregon schools have $2.5 billion in infrastructure funding needs.
- Oregon produces 35.299 gigawatt-hours of renewable energy every year, ranking it 3rd.
Fatal error: Call to undefined method WP_Error::get_item_quantity() in /var/www/clients/client2/web52/web/wp-content/themes/asce/single-states.php on line 70