Choose a State
- This Week in Infrastructure: SOS for Depleting Infrastructure Funds: The Time to Act is Now!
With the elections a little under two weeks away, a recent drop in oil prices and a current D+ report card in infrastructure, now is an opportune time for America to focus on transportation and...Read More >>
- Herrmann Named Winner of ENR New York’s Inaugural Legacy Award
Past ASCE President, Andrew W. Herrmann, P.E. SECB, F.SEI, Pres.12.ASCE, principal at Hardesty & Hanover, LLC, was named the winner of the Engineering News-Record New York’s inaugural Legacy Award. Presented annually by Engineering News-Record (ENR) regional...Read More >>
- Landmark St. Louis Union Station Marks 120th Anniversary
St. Louis’ historic Union Station, once the world’s largest and busiest train station, marked its 120th anniversary this past September, reminding us that at its height, 22 U.S. railroad lines from east and west terminated...Read More >>
- Vote “Yes” to Invest in a Louisiana Infrastructure Bank
Amend the Louisiana State Constitution on November 4 to allow the legislature to designate public funds for eligible transportation projects. This is a critical step towards establishing the Louisiana Infrastructure Bank as it creates a...Read More >>
- Vote “For” Question 1!: Protect Maryland’s Transportation Trust Fund
Wisconsin voters aren’t the only ones who will be asked to decide how the state can spend its transportation dollars. On November 4, Maryland voters will also head to the polls to address this very...Read More >>
- From the Archives: Can words written in 1900 guide today’s civil engineers?
As we look to what it will take to be a successful civil engineer in the 21st century, let’s consider the words of John Findley Wallace, the first Chief Engineer of the Panama Canal (1904-1905).
- ASCE Participates in White House Event on Building Green Infrastructure
The White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) invited ASCE to participate and join a new working group called the Green Infrastructure Collaborative. The Collaborative is a broad network...Read More >>
- Protect Wisconsin’s Transportation Trust Fund – Vote “Yes” on Question 1!
On November 4, Wisconsin voters will be asked to decide how the state can spend its transportation dollars. Question 1 will appear on the ballot statewide and if passed, will ensure that revenue allocated to...Read More >>
- ASCE Celebrates the Panama Canal’s 100th Anniversary With Historic Insight
“Every professional goes through a maturation process that shapes their approach to the challenges they face daily,” Maj. Gen. (Ret.) Merdith W. B. Temple, P.E., PMP, F.ASCE, told the attendees of the ASCE/EWB-USA Leadership and...Read More >>
- Infrastructure in Arkansas Earns D+
This Thursday, the Arkansas Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers released their inaugural Infrastructure Report Card for the state grading the states’ infrastructure. Arkansas’ infrastructure received a cumulative GPA of “D+” in the...Read More >>