Choose a State
- This Week in Infrastructure: Highway Trust Fund Gets Media Attention
On a typical day, a Google news search for the Highway Trust Fund over the past 24 hours results in a page or two of results. But this week Wednesday, the search query garnered nine...Read More >>
- Statement from The American Society of Civil Engineers Urging Immediate Congressional Action to Avert Highway Trust Fund Insolvency
Reston, Va. – The following is a statement from Randall (Randy) S. Over, P.E., F.ASCE, president of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) regarding the U.S. Department of Transportation’s report issued yesterday on the...Read More >>
- It Pays to Broaden Your Expertise Beyond Engineering
Richard Weingardt was CEO and chairman of Richard Weingardt Consultants, Inc., a Denver-based structural engineering firm. He spoke and wrote eloquently and prolifically on leadership and the critical role engineers play in society, including such works as...
- STEM Literacy: How Can You Impact the Next Generation?
In a world with rapidly evolving technology, will our students be prepared for the challenges of tomorrow? It’s clear that engaging and inspiring more students to choose a career in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math...Read More >>
- This Week in Infrastructure: Reasons to Keep Advocating for Investment
The Opinion Pages of The New York Times presented a series of reasons “We Should Be in a Rage” and among them were—you guessed it—because of the state of our nation’s infrastructure. These grievances, along...Read More >>
- Congress Looks to Learn Lessons from Canada’s P3 Experience
This week the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee looked to our northern neighbor Canada for advice on the federal role for public-private partnerships (P3) holding a panel hearing on the International Experience with Public-Private Partnerships,...Read More >>