Choose a State
- Apply for a SPAG Grant: Promote Civil Engineering, Infrastructure Needs and More!
From a Rhode Island ballot proposition to enhance mass transit to another in Louisiana that would establish an infrastructure bank, many states are turning to their voters next week to decide on initiatives that would...Read More >>
- Advocate Profile: Amanda Hanaway-Corrente, PE, MBA
Amanda Hanaway-Corrente, PE, MBA, is a member of the Vermont section. She works at the University of Vermont (UVM) Transportation Research Center (TRC) as the New England Transportation Consortium (NETC) Coordinator. She also represents the...Read More >>
- Enhance Rhode Island’s Mass Transit Systems – Vote “Yes” on Question 6
Support improved mobility and a reduction in road congestion by voting to “approve” Question 6 on November 4th. Rhode Island voters will be asked to invest in transit improvements to make travel, and commuting, easier....Read More >>
- Civil engineers, we have a problem.
Sustainability is the most important and most poorly understood problem of the 21st century, according to engineer William A. Wallace, ENV SP, M.ASCE, a noted author and consultant. Consequently, many civil engineers are unknowingly planning, designing and...Read More >>
- “If You Have a Tough Mission, Pick the Right Leaders”
At ASCE’s Global Engineering Conference 2014 in Panama City, Panama, Lt. Gen. Thomas P. Bostick, P.E., M.ASCE, the 53rd chief of Engineers and Commanding General of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, was the special guest...Read More >>
- This Week in Infrastructure: SOS for Depleting Infrastructure Funds: The Time to Act is Now!
With the elections a little under two weeks away, a recent drop in oil prices and a current D+ report card in infrastructure, now is an opportune time for America to focus on transportation and...Read More >>
- Herrmann Named Winner of ENR New York’s Inaugural Legacy Award
Past ASCE President, Andrew W. Herrmann, P.E. SECB, F.SEI, Pres.12.ASCE, principal at Hardesty & Hanover, LLC, was named the winner of the Engineering News-Record New York’s inaugural Legacy Award. Presented annually by Engineering News-Record (ENR) regional...Read More >>
- Landmark St. Louis Union Station Marks 120th Anniversary
St. Louis’ historic Union Station, once the world’s largest and busiest train station, marked its 120th anniversary this past September, reminding us that at its height, 22 U.S. railroad lines from east and west terminated...Read More >>