Today we added 15 new #GameChangers and two new trends to the repertoire. These projects showcase the power that innovation and investment can have to solve problems and improve our infrastructure.
“Rebuilding Stronger” and “Sustainable Solutions” are the new trends we’ve identified that are shaping the way infrastructure is designed, built, and maintained. The projects in these two new trends demonstrate that resilient and sustainable infrastructure are more than buzz words—they are tangible solutions to the new challenges U.S. infrastructure is facing.
Check out all the new #GameChangers:
- San Francisco International Airport’s Air Traffic Control Tower
- New Jersey Transit Resiliency Improvements following Superstorm Sandy
- Nashville International Airport’s Air Conditioning
- Brooklyn’s 26th Ward Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Newark Riverfront Park
- S. Army Corps of Engineers Beach–fx Risk-Reward Tool
- Cedar Rapids Flood Control System Master Plan
- RainReady Midlothian
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Dam Inspection with Microbot Drones
- BNSF Railway Inspection with Drones
- Army Corps of Engineers Acoustic Underwater Inspection
- City of Syracuse Water Main Magnetic Sensors
- Rutgers University Bridge Evaluation and Accelerated Structural Testing Laboratory (BEAST)
- Arlington, Texas Sewer-Exploring Robot
- Las Vegas WaterStart
And if you know of one we’ve missed, let us know. We’re on the hunt for #GameChangers to include in the 2017 Infrastructure Report Card.